Monday, January 21, 2013

Day 19 - Loch Lomond and Stirling Castle

So I suppose starting out with introductions is the appropriate way to begin a blog post so here we go: My name is Jasmine. I play the cello. My favorite color is candy apple red. Favorite ice cream flavor is cake batter. I enjoy walks in the park and long luxurious bubble baths, as well as satiric literature. The bubble bath was a lie but I doubt that you're really that interested in my personal biography so I'll cut to the chase.

Today we went on a bus tour, lead by our driver, Patrick. We drove up to Luss, a small village off the shores of Loch Lomond, the largest body of water in England. The Loch is about 42 miles long and it even has a song written about it. We had a lovely sing along session on the bus as well as a rock rendition that I found very...interesting.

Anyway, after that we headed up toward Stirling castle, making a few stops along the way. Some of the more notable ones were the Doune castle and the William Wallace monument. My favorite part of the trip though, was definitely the Stirling castle. It was really beautiful despite the frigid temperature and the snow. I especially liked walking through the re-creation of the royal chambers. 

So yeah. That was our final day in Glasgow. Ended things on a high note for sure (see what I did there?). 

No comments:

Post a Comment