Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Day 20 - Back to London


My name is Jessica Edblom. I’m a senior Communication Studies major with a minor in Spanish at Luther. Last J-Term, I had the opportunity to travel abroad, heading down south to Argentina and Chile for my Spanish minor, and I absolutely loved it! There was no way I could pass up another change to travel abroad this year. I have always been curious about the music major whilst at Luther, and having dreamt about traveling to England all my life, there was no way I was going to pass this trip up. That being said, I have the honor of writing the last student blog post for Listening Live in London.

If you have been regularly following this blog, dictating our daily excitement in the UK, there is no denying that we’re had an incredible time. Between the variety of musical performances we attended, daily places we visited, and memories we made with friends, it is 3 weeks we won’t quickly forget. Needless to say, we’re all sad that our time here is so rapidly coming to an end. Today, we spend the majority of the morning and afternoon riding a train from Glasgow Central station back to London. The ride was very pleasant, about 6 hours of English countryside views. After we made it safely (and relatively on time) to London Euston, we walked a little ways to the Celtic Hotel. It’s a quaint bed and breakfast with homey rooms and tight winding staircases, which several of us girls struggled to get our suitcases up this afternoon. However, we settled in, and mainly enjoyed a relaxing afternoon.

Once 6 o’clock came around, we walked to a nearby Italian restaurant called Carluccio’s to have one final group meal. The food was absolutely delicious, and everyone shared pasta dishes, bread, and wine. While we ate, the professors surprised us with individual poems written about each student. It was very sweet, and I especially enjoyed the poem about me, which highlighted how I failed to “mind the gap” just the other day. It was a great time, definitely a perfect way to round out the trip.

For those family and friends who have been reading these blogs each day, we hope these have provided you with a small glimpse into our adventures, and I’m sure you will get a more detailed recount when we arrive home tomorrow. So thank you, and see you soon!

Jessica Edblom

PS - shout out to my sister, whose 17th birthday is today. Hope you had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment